Wednesday, June 26, 2013

D'Italiane Kitchen @ Sunway Giza, Kota Damansara



Last Monday night, my high school mates and I had dinner at D'Italiane Kitchen at Sunway Giza, Kota Damansara. Been to Giza for quite a number of times but never tried this place before because it looks quite atas and expensive lolol. Broke student, remember?

Outside the restaurant, it looks so huge. When we enter, kinda small ah. They have smoking area, which is outside, and also non smoking area. The inside of the restaurant kinda dim ah, allow you to have a proper romantic candlelight dinner......... But the candle is electronic/plastic one. HAHAHA.

Ok anyways on Monday it was super hazy and I noticed plenty of people wearing masks. I am one of the non-mainstream ones I guess lolol who can't be bothered about the haze. Not not bothered, but it has not reached a very terrible stage yet okay? Last time when it was this hazy we still had to go to school! School was only cancelled when it got way worse. Look at the kids now, so lucky?

Anyway, it was already super hazy and there are people who still insist on dining at the smoking area and puffing away. It's like. "BREATHE IN ALL THE POLLUTED AIR YOU CAN! THE MORE THE BETTER!!" or maybe they're like "Let me die faster please!!!!"

What is the occasion? We were there to celebrate Chi Shun and Terry's birthday! This is the 2nd celebration for Terry!

I read on the internet that D'Italiane is supposed to be a fine dining restaurant. But um, from the looks of it we didn't fine dined? Is fine dining supposed to look like this? Someone please enlighten me haha.

I didn't manage to take everyone else's food but here is Terry's and mine.

 Sicilian Chicken Salad, Salad with mustard, chicken slices, grapes, peaches and vegetables. 

Saw that this salad had good reviews on the internet and wanted to try this. Ordered a starter portion to share with everyone else because if we ordered the full portion, don't think we can finish our main course later! The starter portion is enough to share up to two people as a starter. :)

 I had the Alfungi Aglio Olio (Vegetarian) (RM19.90). I chose linguine as the pasta of my choice and it is cooked with fresh button mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, herbs and garlic in olive oil. My pasta was really good, with generous amounts of mushroom and also it was full of taste. Some how I wish they put in some chilli to make it taste spicy though.

Initially, I wanted to order the Smoked Duck Aglio Olio but everyone else also order so I opted for this instead since the other choice of aglio alio is seafood and I don't take seafood. Had a tasted of their smoked duck aglio olio and it was really good too!

 Terry had the Seafood Cream Sauce cooked with linguine (RM32.90). His linguine was cooked with prawn, calamari, mussel, clams, fish fillets, herbs and garlic in cream reduction. I tasted his food and the sauce was really creamy and cheesy! Yum yum! Hehehe!

For pasta, we have the choice of choosing between normal spaghetti, linguine, penne fettucine or angel hair! So many choices but when we were ordering we weren't sure which was which! Why can't the Italians just give the pasta an English name or something. After your pasta arrives, the waiter will ask you whether you want any black pepper on your pasta and he bring this huge old school pepper thing-a-ma-jig and put some on your plate. Terry and I were kind of amused by one of the waiters. Anyway, they are nice enough to come and ask you about their food.

I only took 3 photos above hahaha, fail food blogger but yeah, everyone was happy with their food! Others also ordered pizza, spaghetti and risotto.

After we finish our food, it is time to sing the birthday song!


Cupcakes baked by Illi, with Batman, rock climbing and M&M themed fondant on top. Illi said that we shouldn't eat the fondant, and me being curious, nibbled some off the red M&M cupcake you see above, and god it tastes so sugary and like play-doh!

May Yen, Aini and Illi

Terry wearing me, Illi and May's gift, and Chi Shun with the cake!

The birthday boys and I.

KKR, 2013, missing Dayana.

KKR 2013 with Phang Long. :)

Me with the two M&M cupcakes!

Terry and M&Ms, his favourite!

The bill totaled to about RM280 for the 7 of us with us ordering up to two dishes each and only two drinks. The food here is priced pretty reasonable for Italian food and I would come here again, for any special occasion maybe, but not on an ordinary day.

D'Italiane Kitchen
Block D, F.10,
First Floor
No 2, Jalan PJU 5/14 PJU 5,
Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor,
Malaysia.

Phone: 
03-6148 1828 

 Opening Hours: 
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 am - 11:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment