Monday, August 10, 2015

Second Sunday @ Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya

This is a cafe which I want, and at the same time don't want to share it with you guys (because I do not want it to be crowded!). 

I recently visited this cafe twice but I still want to come back here again. 

If you ask me about how do I know which cafes I want to visit, it will be from eatdrinkkl or from any hipster instagrammers I follow. That is how Second Sunday caught my attention.

Second Sunday is located at the shop lots behind Atria Shopping Gallery, specifically the same row as Inside Scoop Damansara Jaya and also Jin Xuan Hong Kong Dim Sum. 






The photos posted need not need much editing, all thanks to the generous natural lighting and also to my new phone, the Xiao Mi Mi4i (I am converted to a Xiao Mi user and I'm loving it).

As you can see, they have a beautiful interior. Did not take pictures of the rest of the shop, my apologies, but I felt that the above was the most attractive part of the shop and it was pretty crowded when we were there, so it was hard to get the perfect shot.

Loved the photo frames on the wall, they were filled with quirky quotes, and I especially like the one with the Ed Sheeran twitter reference! To know what I am talking about, go see for yourself. 

How this place works is when you walk in, you have to grab the menu hung on the left side of the shop wall, and decide what you want and order at the counter. Really really like the fact that the prices on the menu are nett! Probably inclusive of GST and service charge? Not sure how it works but prices are pretty reasonable here. That was the first thing that caught my attention when I was paying. 

According to my companion, his cappuccino (RM10 nett) as pictured above was too strong for his liking. I myself, had the ice green tea latte (RM11 nett) which I fancied! 

On another occasion, I visited Second Sunday with my cousin. 

She had the Number Five (RM17 nett) which consisted of melted mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken breast, sauteed herb mushrooms, pineapple and homemade nutty pesto sauce folded in crispy tortilla wraps served with side salad and fries. This might sound like something you can make at home, but trust me it tasted really good so I would not even hesitate to pay for this again! The sauce on the fries goes really well with it, and we pretty much gobbled the whole plate down our bellies.

Meanwhile, I had the French Toast Stacko (RM18 nett) where it consists of french toast sticks coated in classic egg mixture with cinnamon, caramelized bananas, fresh strawberries, toasted almond flakes, pumpkin seeds, whipped cream and syrup.

Haha, since I just got back home from my previous Singapore trip, been craving for really good french toast and this one is the one! It is not too sweet, and you don't feel as bad when the sugar comes from the fruits instead of artificial sugar! 

If you know me, I make my overnight oats daily when I go to school or work where I just soak oats, fruits, raisin and nuts in milk and eat it the next day. Hehe, that is why I somehow love the nutty sprinkle on top of the french toast.

Pretty happy with both my visits here and I am sure that there will be more visits because I haven't really tried their specialty yet - pancakes! Been seeing so many gorgeous pictures of the pancakes in particular their peppermint pancakes and their pandan pancakes. 

That is all for today, and do let me know what I can improve on in my blog posts.

Second Sunday Cafe
No 31, Jalan SS22/19,
Damansara Jaya,
Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.

Contact: 03 7731 7126
Facebook: Second Sunday
Instagram: secondsundaymy

Opening Hours:
Weekdays: 10:00am to 10:00pm 
(brunch from 10:00am to 5.30pm // dinner from 6:30pm to 10:00pm)

Weekends: 10:00am to 7:00pm
(kitchen closes at 5:30pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment