Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fat Spoon Cafe @ Damansara Uptown

Hi guys, another FOOD update again.

This time, Melvin brought me to try Fat Spoon at Damansara Uptown in Damansara Utama. I have heard about this place from quite a number of people before and even walked past it before. Thought that the interior of this place looked unique on the outside but then, when I look at the chalkboard outside, it's like wow.. Paying for Malaysian food at a cafe price!!

I did not bring my camera along as I thought that we were supposed to go exercise after dinner... Instead of that, we caught a movie after dinner. Exercise epic fail. Anyway, enough of my ramblings... Here are my photos instagram style.



You must be wondering what this is?


.


.


.


.




Yes, the story book above is the menu of Fat Spoon! The lady book birds in kindergarten that you may still have rotting at home is used as a menu. I find it pretty unique, and it did indeed bring me back to the past.


The environment at Fat Spoon at night. You can have dinner inside the shop or outside the shop. The area inside the shop is dimly lighted, with a candle lighted up on each table. Never really got to take a look around the inside of the shop but from the photo above, can you spot the old school cupboard you used to have at your old house? (or your grandparent's house?!) 

The lady you see smiling in the photo should be one of the owners. She is pretty good looking for a lady at her age. : )

It was hard to decide on what to order because everything in the menu sounds so so good and the food arriving on everyone elses' table looks so yummy! They serve Asian food, and they have rice, noodles, burgers, cakes and also The Last Polka ice cream! They also have a kids' menu for you tiny eaters/kids out there.


 Finally, I settled on the Spicy Beef Macaroni Soup (RM11.90) because I was craving for macaroni and also beef noodles! There is also beef noodles on the menu, but I guess this won over the others. This consists of macaroni with spicy broth and tenderloin beef slices. Good comfort food for a person like me! Definitely will come back for this whenever I crave for macaroni.

The portion of this is pretty big, and it is pretty value for money for the price that I have paid, also, the soup was SO GOOD! It was spicy enough for me and also sweet, and strong enough. Usually shops like to dilute their soup and make it so horrid, but this was good.


Melvin, on the other hand, opted for Fat Spoon noodles (RM9.90) , which is basically something like kuey teow soup and he said that it was "ok ok only lah". He chose this because he wanted to have something clear and light for dinner.

Then, after that, it was time for dessert! No matter how full you are, there is always time for DESSERT! I had a hard time picking what to order, they had stuff like red velvet cake, chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream, bubur cha cha, cempadak spring rolls with vanilla ice cream. The ones on the latter sounds unique eh? Will definitely come back to try the others as well.

Melvin has been raving about this sago pudding with salted gula melaka ice cream (RM9.90) 


It sure looks ordinary here but it tastes heavenly! The sago pudding is at the bottom and the combination of gula melaka and sago cannot go wrong! There was a crunchy bit too to my ice cream and I loved it!

Shared the dessert with Melvin. He allowed me to order dessert of my choice but I chose to just share it with him because I know he wants to eat this, and also I couldn't make my choice on the so many good desserts.

The bill totaled to RM37, which is pretty ok for a cafe offering such good food and good service too. Will definitely come back for more, and will update again on what I have the next time.

Fat Spoon Cafe is located at the same row as Wondermilk Cafe, and beside a porridge shop. It is advisable to go on weekends or at night for easier parking as Uptown is crowded with cars during office hours and you take ages to find a good and near parking spot.


Fat Spoon Cafe
73, Jalan SS21/1A
Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya,
Malaysia.


Opening Hours:
Tue - Thu: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sun: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm

Phone: 03-7728 3323
Email: fatspooncafe@gmail.com

You can also call for reservations, and take outs! 

Till then.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment