Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How To Do A Photo Collage On Your Wall

Hi guys, today I feel quite inspired to write about how did I do my photo collage in my room! Actually the first time I did so was about 4 years back when I was form 4 in high school. After that, I never really touched my wall and all the photos started falling off and it resulted in this..

Masking tape left on the wall, and a few photos left on the wall from my high school days.


Decided that I needed to do something about it and recently, about three months back, I bought a deal on Groupon to develop 200 photos at the price of 50 cents per photo! In my opinion, it was very very cheap! The photo shop was located at SS2 area, and the staff was quite unfriendly though. Nevertheless, developed the photos I took in the span of 4 years, and I realized that I don't really take much photos.

What you will need:
A scissors
Masking tape
Your photos (4R size)

Did my research and googled about suitable tapes to use on the wall so that the paint does not come off. A lot of my friends suggested me to use blue tack / sticky tack, whatever you call it, but I find that it sticks to the wall and it is quite hard to remove. Masking tape worked well for me, with minimal stains on the wall and the paint on the wall is still intact.

Pick the photos that you want to paste on your wall, and perhaps you would like to draft an arrangement on how are they going to be like on the wall (something like a layout plan).I suggest you develop your memorable photos with your friends and family, or your travel images, or if you don't have any... Then maybe inspiring photos and quotes which mostly you can steal off places like Pinterest or Tumblr.

Also, before you develop your photos, make sure that they are saved in your computer in high quality and are cropped to 6 by 4 / 4 by 6. If you are not computer savvy, maybe get help from the guy at the photo shop to help you with it because your photos might turn out to be weird if you don't do so.

I know it looks bent here but it is not in real, or maybe it is, I can't really tell.

Use the masking tape as a guide to make your photo collage straight, and then paste your photos on the wall!

Paste the masking tape behind like that, usually two is enough, unless you want to put at all four corners, which, in the long term, might result in more stains on the wall.

Photoception wtf.  A photo of picture collages in my room on a picture collage in my room. Get it get it?! Hahaha!

Anyways, the end product! I am pretty impressed and happy with it! :)



Hopefully it will inspire you to do the same! Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or what you think about how it looks.

Happy photo collage-ing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment