Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Wood & Steel Cafe And Gallery @ The Strand, Kota Damansara

Hello, just done with my finals and it is time to go cafe hopping!

Decided against working part time this holidays because I need some time to rest and rejuvenate from hectic college life.

Today, I went out for brunch with Shenning! We wanted to have breakfast and wanted to try somewhere we haven't been before. There is a long list of places I would like to try and today I started off with Wood & Steel Cafe and Gallery, located at The Strand, Kota Damansara.

It took me awhile to find this place as there are no directions on the internet about the location yet, and when I key in the address into my GPS, it sent me to some odd directions. For you people to rely on landmarks, it is at the row right behind Dreamz Bakery. The shops beside it are Simmons and Lifeshop. Parking is not really a hassle there as during lunch time, I was still able to get a parking!

Wood & Steel is a cafe and also a gallery which showcases their own made furniture. A pretty unique combination from the typical cafes we go to, and you can also purchase the furniture there or customize one for yourself.
 

When we got there, there was quite an amount of people as it was lunch hour.

It is a self service cafe where we would have to order at the counter, and then pick a seat and they will deliver our food to our table later on. The food didn't take too long to reach our table! (thank god as I was starving)

Asked the waiter what was the wifi password and he said : "No wifi here."

So I was quite disappointed and I walked away to sit down.

He said,  "Excuse me miss, what I meant was, the wifi password is nowifihere ."

They TROLLED us. :(

Cheesecake RM10 and free cookies! The cheesecake was up to standard, and the cookies were yummy too!

Champion's breakfast - Choice of scrambled eggs or sunny side up, sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes, toast, sausages and baked beans - RM15

Tried the baked beans above and it is very unique compared to other brunch places. This might sound pretty odd but it tastes like the white sauce we dip tosei in when we're at the mamak. Other than that, Shenning told me she felt like the breakfast was so-so only.

Breakfast in Bed - Two poached eggs with hollandaise sauce and slices of chicken ham served with lightly toasted bread RM10

Was very satisfied with this dish! They were very savoury and I didn't get too jelak (sick of the food). The portion was quite generous and I am very happy with my food!





Outdoor seating is also available at the cafe. :)

Love the minimalistic interior of the cafe, and will definitely be back for more next time. According to the tips on Foursquare, their stuffed chicked tastes good. Also, I would come back to try their coffee next time!

Overall, the total bill came up to RM45 nett. Without any service charge or government tax charges. Definitely value for money and up to standard as well. Where can we find such great deal anywhere? Hopefully, it remains as a quaint and quiet cafe then there is no need to wait or queue next time. :P


Wood & Steel Cafe // Gallery
33G, Jalan PJU 5/20E,
The Strand,
Kota Damansara,
Petaling Jaya 47810,
Selangor.

Email: woodandsteelco@gmail.com

Opening hours:
Tuesday to Sunday 9.30am - 11.00pm

Price range:
 RM10 to RM20

Opening hours: 9.30am - 11pm, Tuesday to Sunday.

Kitchen only serves coffee and cake after 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment