Sunday, December 6, 2015

Singapore 2 Day 1 2015

On the Deepavali weekend, I pulled out a last minute stunt and booked my trip down to Singapore to look for Mei Xin who is now working in Singapore.

Boarded the 10am bus at One Utama and reached Singapore around 3pm. Mei Xin was waiting for me and we took the train to Orchard station.


Proceeded to Four Fingers at ION Orchard for a 'snack'. Got myself the Chicken Chop (Hot) with kimchi fries and a drink.

Honestly have heard so much about this Korean fried chicken from my Singaporean friends. Maybe I had very high expectations about it or I ordered the wrong thing (they are famous for their drummets/wings), but I felt that it was only so so.

I however know though, that they have recently opened an outlet in Mid Valley, Malaysia. So maybe you all can pop by and try it for yourselves.

4 Fingers Crispy Chicken
2 Orchard Turn
#B4-06A ION Orchard
Singapore 238801.

Opening Hours:
Sunday - Thursday: 11.00am to 10.00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11.00am to 11.00pm

Website: 4Fingers

After that, took the MRT back to Simei station and walked to my cousin's rented HDB room. So so thankful that her house owner is nice enough to let me crash her room.

We freshened up and then headed out to Bugis to walk around.


Mei Xin brought me to eat ramen at Ramen Tonkotsu King Four Seasons at Bugis Village.

This is like the 2nd time I actually ate proper ramen! The first time was at Pavillion and I felt it was so so.

This time around, we went to this place which felt pretty legitly Japanese. I think the cook was really Japanese.

I really liked the fact that when we walked in, we get to customize our own ramen. The choices available at this branch was based on four seasons, spring, summer, winter and autumn. We then get to choose what to add in our ramen, the hardness of the ramen, the flavour of the soup, and how oily do we want it to be.

Alongside the ramen, we are also served unlimited amount of beansprouts, hard boiled eggs and also we could pound sesame to be put into the soup? Actually me and Mei Xin were quite clueless on what to do with the sesame, but we pounded it and put it into the soup anyways.

My ramen was good, I drank so much of soup and was so full!

The flavoured egg you see in the photo above though was splendid! The egg white was like boiled but the yolk was still in its gooey form.

Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King Four Seasons
Bugis Village,
148 Rochor Road,
Singapore 188433

Went back to Simei to freshened up and went for a quick yumcha session with Dennis around the area. We walked around the Singaporean housing area after that. Apparently, if you could afford staying in a terrace house in Singapore, you are considered very wealthy already. However, I'm quite appalled by the fact that Singaporeans can just leave their door wide open at night.

My friend, Dennis, told me that it was rare that robbery cases happened in Singapore. He even asked me, how do Malaysians usually get robbed?

Speaking of the comparison of safety and cleanliness. Singapore is way safer than Malaysia, but not necessarily cleaner than Malaysia. In the city centre, in particular, Orchard, it may look way way cleaner where rubbish cannot be seen. But at places like out of the city where people live, it is also quity dirty where rubbish are everywhere and also the amount of roaches at the HDB areas omg!

Okay, enough of my ramblings.

Got to go work, stay tuned for Day 2 and 3 of my Singapore trip! Sorry if this post seems half assed.

Till then,

Goodbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment